Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Howdy From Texas

So for most of you, you already know that we have picked up and moved to a small city on the outskirts of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. There is much opportunity for us here both professionally and personally. We moved in August and I can honestly say the last few months of my life have been a roller coaster ride. I have been trying to get to my blog to begin updating for family and friends who may be interested in our daily lives, but have not actually sat down to do it yet, so here it goes:
Since moving here Aiden has grown so much. I swear he's such a boy now. He cracks me up. He is working on reading and loves his new school (although he sure does miss his old one). On of the new challenges that I faced moving here was that for the very first time Aiden would have to attend daycare. Boy was I nervous for him and me. It takes a lot of faith to allow your child to be with anyone but you. I have had lots of struggles with that, however, he LOVES going there most days. Not only that, but somehow, by luck, I ended up picking a daycare with amazing teachers and staff that recently was voted best in the metroplex. I say by luck because it was the very first one I walked in to and knew it was perfect for him. It is set up like a home... Daycare would never be my first choice, but he seems to enjoy it.
In August, I helped open the Fort Worth location until my store was ready. We opened September 22,2011 in Arlington. The process was long and exhausting, but I sure do love the experience that I got.
The holidays were a little rough, but skype has been a major lifesaver! We talk to my parents a few times a week and occasionally I even get to see my sister and brother-in-law. Sometime around early November, I found out that I would be having a niece or nephew this summer! Boy am I excited?!?! I can't wait to see my beautiful sister and her fantastic hubby become parents! And of course to snuggle and spoil that sweet baby rotten....and teach her all of the things my sister taught my son...(think about my sweet 3-year-old singing "ridin dirty"....
So, that is life in a nutshell... I am going to make it a goal to update this thing at least once a week, so please feel free to check back for more fun tales of our adventures in the Lone star state :)

Love to all,
Ashlie

1 comment:

Karalee said...

Can't wait to hear more. Love you!