Thursday, January 19, 2012

DIY Place Mats

We have a glass table, so place mats are most definitely a must.  And I have been trying to find easy, creative ways to decorate our apartment without it becoming obnoxious or overwhelming.  So, the last time I was at Joann's, I picked up some fabric and ribbon and whipped up a couple of sets of place mats for Valentine's day and St. Patrick's day.  They are super simple and inexpensive.  Four cost me just about $10. I used 1 1/2 yards of fabric. I cut 8 pieces of fabric 15 inches by 18 inches.  sew 2 pieces right sides together leaving a 3-4 inch space open to turn right side out.  Turn them right side out. Iron them so they're nice and neat.  Stitch the ribbon or ric-rac on in any design you'd like (be sure you use the same color thread).  Tie a cute little bow and stitch it on, and enjoy!  I love ours.  They were very quick, very simple, they are very washable and came out so cute!
Happy crafting,
Ashlie



No comments: